Migrating The Economist platform
We enable you to adopt emerging technologies and grow powerful engineering teams with a strong focus on open source development.
How we work
Discover & Plan
We get a solid understanding of your needs, your customers’ needs, key business objectives, your vision, any constraints, and how best to measure the outcomes we all want to achieve.
Your bespoke team of experts
We curate the right team of experts in software engineering, architecture, delivery, product and design to work alongside your teams, focussing on collaboration and driving rapid iteration towards the chosen metrics.
Our action plan and transformation strategy
We’ll document what we’ve learnt through the process and structure our proposal. And, by putting the challenges your company faces into context, we’ll determine the best path to success.
Transform & Deliver
We lead with a microservices mentality focused on relevant backend technologies.
- Increase code quality
- Dedicated team running the core platforms
- Move from bottlenecked processes to a business fulfillment tool
To achieve independence from the core platform, we create and uphold extensive documentation.
- Teams are able to use core platforms independently
- Drivers are provided and maintained by the core teams
- Unauthorised drivers are banned from production, reducing unnecessary risk
Open source development
Open source communities attract the best talent, and we encourage you to create a presence within those developers and their innovations.
- Our Developer Advocates help contribute to open source projects
- Run learning events with your immediate and extended community
- Attract talent while nurturing your company’s internal culture
We put together teams that include engineers, a delivery manager, a software engineer in test, DevOps engineers, and a product manager. They then focus on:
- Collaboration; making sure we’re all working to fulfil the same clear goal
- Including and scrutinising all the areas needed to deliver value, without being blocked
- Bringing different views and priorities to the product’s table, and in doing so, helping us build the right thing
Our pair programming training mean existing teams learn from seasoned professionals while delivering high quality, functional platforms.
- One-on-one tutoring
- Rich breakout sessions
- Programming workshops and independently led work
Support & Sustain
We want to be sure that by the time our engagement ends, you and your team are capable of continuous innovation and delivery. Part of this assurance is supporting your growth for the future.
These teams of YLD engineers work exclusively for you. They enable a very strategic and long-term way of scaling your software engineering teams, ensuring all domain knowledge remains in-house.
We help you bring new employees into your product teams, up-skilling them and enabling them to continue the progress we’ve made together.